Pages

Sunday 19 May 2013

euphoria. (ver.1)


“What?”
I enquired,
when you looked into my eyes.
It seemed you stared into my soul
and saw my apprehensiveness.
With your adorable little head tilt, twice
your gaze lingered from my eyes
to my lips and back, as if seeking permission.
My heart jumped at the thought
of your lips meeting mine, then all at once,
I felt my consciousness quivering, then withering.
Because although my eyes were unintentionally
and humiliatingly forced open wide,
looking back at it all,
all I see is a blur of lips, and your lovely eyes.
But, as for when the moment ended,
not a single force on Earth
could make me forget your expression.
It seems as though you've caged the butterflies
that were fluttering about in my stomach.

Because, how could I possibly say
I get butterflies each time I think about it,
when they've never really left?

(RL)

No comments:

Post a Comment